Disease Detection Through Nail Color – Penyakit Terdeteksi Lewat Warna Kuku, Clean and manicured nails will look beautiful. But, get her nails is not just a part of beauty rituals. Condition of nails apparently can also be an indicator of health. As quoted from the page of the Times of India, these symptoms are different from the nail disease, because these signs may only warn you about the disease in the body that may not be realized. Although the nail itself is just a dead tissue, the area under the cuticles and nails of living and the surrounding areas make nails prone to damage or infection. Then the disease can easily be seen through the reflection of the nail. Dermatology specialist, Dr. Nina Madnani explains, “When examining a patient, we also examine the nails. Like skin, nails are an excellent indicator of what’s happening in your body. If your nails healthy, smooth and pink with a slightly curved surface, Your body may be healthy, too. “
Although nail changes showed a variety of conditions, this change is rarely the initial symptoms. Other nail abnormalities are also often not dangerous. Like for example, not everyone with a pale nails have hepatitis. “Changes in the color or shape could be due to several reasons. One of them, a result of the local nail infections. For example, the nails can turn yellow due to excessive use of nail polish or nail hardeners, but can also indicate hepatitis,” said Dr. Nina. Nails also tend to absorb various substances, so easy to change the nail color. For example, in smokers or people who often deal with certain chemicals. “If you change your nail color, we also need to identify the background of the patient, so that more precise diagnosis,” says dermatologist Dr Sunil Tahiliani.
Then, when to worry? According to Dr Sunil, you should consult your doctor if your physical condition, changes in color or texture of the nail occurred in a long time, or even permanent. Here, features of the nails that could indicate a disease:
– If you have brittle nails, the possibility of body iron deficiency. This condition can also be an indicator of biotin deficiency, kidney disorder, thyroid or blood circulation problems.
– Nail concave (curved in) is a symptom of iron deficiency and vitamin B12.
– If the surface is not smooth or wrinkled nails can show that you lack Vitamn C. This condition can also indicate psoriasis, or a lack of folic acid and protein.
– Nails turn blue. Nails with blue color tinge may indicate, the body lacks oxygen. This can also indicate lung infections, like pneumonia.
– Nails red. If the skin around the nails were red and fluffy, this is usually caused by inflammation of the nail folds. This possibility is due to lupus or other tissue abnormalities.
– Nails with a black stripe down the middle. Black line in the middle under the nails need to be checked as soon as possible. Sometimes this condition is caused by melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer.